Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The use of cosmetics to care for the skin.as modifier ‘skincare products’
- ‘Over 150 companies will exhibit offerings ranging from spa and skincare products to spa business services and interior design.’
- ‘She also learned from consumers that, unlike skincare, haircare products need to account for both hair type and the desired effect.’
- ‘How much would all your daily skincare products cost to replace?’
- ‘Revlon similarly used an unknown earlier this year with a campaign for its new skincare, Skin Lights.’
- ‘These images were successfully adapted by manufacturers, druggists, and beauty salons to promote the sale of skincare products.’
- ‘It includes natural make-up, skincare products and excellent herbal remedies for a huge range of conditions.’
- ‘So, my skincare and cosmetic spending is an investment really.’
- ‘Compared with the Golden Week in May, sales of its skincare and cosmetic products rose 33 per cent.’
- ‘And most of my skincare products are from Kanebo.’
- ‘Another biotech stock that Williams is backing is Sinclair Pharma, which focuses on skincare products and mouthwashes.’
- ‘Other potential exports to Yemen include chewing gum, footwear and parts, cosmetics, soap, skincare products, and machinery.’
- ‘People with nice skin can promote skincare products.’
- ‘While I was enjoying a sage foot soak, therapist Jane Povey asked some questions about my skin and skincare regime.’
- ‘Angela gave a talk and demonstration on skincare, cosmetics and make-up.’
- ‘And there are also plans afoot for Burberry skincare and personal care lines, reports Women's Wear Daily.’
- ‘Now, the newest skincare products and cosmetics make cooling off easier than ever.’
- ‘Its skincare and personal care products account for 60 per cent of the company's sales.’
- ‘They just want easy, effective care to address their skincare needs.’
- ‘Using a combination of Dead Sea minerals and essential oils, EpheMer is a range of luxurious yet affordable skincare products.’
- ‘Linda can even supply a range of natural skincare products and medicinal creams for muscular and joint problems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.