[mass noun] Friction at the surface of a solid and a fluid in relative motion.
- ‘Interface elements are used to connect the pile and soil for skin friction and a contact pair at pile tip is used for bearing capacity.’
- ‘Jacobs demonstrated that a high-W, low-S shell increases skin friction at low velocities because of the high surface area.’
- ‘These effects are lessened somewhat due to reduced form and skin friction drag.’
- ‘Any increase in surface area will increase skin friction drag.’
- ‘After this work was done, Satish started his thesis work on the direct measurement of skin friction.’