One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or sport of swimming under water without a diving suit, typically in deep water using an aqualung and flippers.
- ‘On the coast, popular water sports include sailing, skin diving, and deep-sea fishing.’
- ‘Simply dismissed as just a tourist island by the few dive operators, little has been explored beyond skin diving depths.’
- ‘Shallow Water Blackout is most commonly associated with skin diving.’
- ‘‘We decided that we had to separate skin diving from scuba diving because of the safety aspect,’ he said.’
- ‘The book is focused on skin diving, but the sections on breath holding and physiology can be applied to surfing.’
- ‘Visitors can also indulge in surfing and skin diving.’
- ‘For Ben Laycock, an artist from Castlemaine, a trip to East Gippsland usually means skin diving off the nearby coast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.