One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or sport of swimming under water without a diving suit, typically in deep water using an aqualung and flippers.
- ‘The book is focused on skin diving, but the sections on breath holding and physiology can be applied to surfing.’
- ‘‘We decided that we had to separate skin diving from scuba diving because of the safety aspect,’ he said.’
- ‘For Ben Laycock, an artist from Castlemaine, a trip to East Gippsland usually means skin diving off the nearby coast.’
- ‘Shallow Water Blackout is most commonly associated with skin diving.’
- ‘On the coast, popular water sports include sailing, skin diving, and deep-sea fishing.’
- ‘Visitors can also indulge in surfing and skin diving.’
- ‘Simply dismissed as just a tourist island by the few dive operators, little has been explored beyond skin diving depths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.