One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor vehicle for travelling over snow, with caterpillar tracks at the back and steerable skis in front.
- ‘They stay longer to explore the snow-covered streets, buzzing with skimobiles.’
- ‘T.J. and Bev met on a blind date at a skimobile event when Bev was a mechanic for a friend's skimobile.’
- ‘Later Waldo and Angus are riding a skimobile in hot pursuit of the thieves.’
- ‘The original skimobile lift is now a museum piece, but there are plenty of modern replacements.’
- ‘The skimobile continued to be a popular lift for years drawing both winter and summer visitors.’
- ‘Discovery tours of the valley on skimobiles are organized daily.’
- ‘Now would be the time to rant about skimobiles and power boating.’
- ‘Snowmobile suits are commonly called skimobile suits in Quebec.’
- ‘I really put them to the test on crusty snow, and areas dug up by skimobiles.’
- ‘Skating there at night was always lots of fun; you could see the skimobiles' lights on the trails all around the pond.’
- ‘Snowmobiles also use this road, but it's not groomed for either skimobiles or skiers.’
- ‘The skimobiles stop, and Scarlett and Snow Job step out in heavy coats.’
- ‘Beaded moccasins gave way to Nike sneakers, sled dogs to gas-powered skimobiles, and ‘tundra tea’ to Folger's instant coffee.’
- ‘Grant would ‘act as exclusive agent for the company with respect to the marketing and distribution of your skimobile clothing line for Ontario.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.