One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘skimo is big in Europe where there are hundreds of races a year’short for ski mountaineeringas modifier ‘he got involved in skimo racing in France’
- ‘My theory is that skimo racing is finally making inroads into ski touring gear choices.’
- ‘I race skimo, and while my weight is competitive, I am definitely not one of the skinny guys at the races.’
- ‘I've observed quite a few skimo races in Austria and Italy, as well as even entered a few as novice racer.’
- ‘Scots ski centres will be host to skimo, which is already a national sport in several European countries’
- ‘The trick with both race courses is while they involve plenty of climbing, they tend to present more horizontal travel than most skimo races.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.