Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small highly manoeuvrable farm vehicle with a large bucket or fork at the front end.
- ‘There may be no more respected design for such demanding work than skidsteer loaders.’
- ‘A skidsteer loader may tip toward the heavy end of the machine when traveling on a slope.’
- ‘Sheyenne Tooling & Manufacturing proudly announces the Sheyenne Tele-Boom for use on all popular skidsteer loaders.’
- ‘The Bobcat Company is one of several skidsteer loader manufacturers in the country.’
- ‘Sheyenne Tele-Boom for use on all popular skidsteer loaders makes lifting and elevating as simple as moving one hydraulic lever.’
- ‘One essential factor determining the operating load capacity of a skidsteer loader is the length of the wheel base.’
- ‘Bobcat Australia has extended its S series range of skidsteer loaders with the introduction of the new S130.’
- ‘David believes that the skidsteer loader is approaching the peak of its development.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.