One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slippery road surface prepared for drivers to practise control of skidding.
- ‘It feels fantastic on the road at any speed and generates an impressive 0.9 g's on a skidpad on Michelin ZP high-performance run-flat tires.’
- ‘Henning said the huge crowds meant that the donut competition on the skidpan had to be cancelled for safety reasons.’
- ‘It started life as a Fairmont, but nobody is going to say the Fox platform is obsolete after they see it pull over one G on the skidpad.’
- ‘Millar crashed twice on roads that, with incessant rain, resembled a skidpan.’
- ‘So imagine Nadia Comaneci doing her pirouettes and tumbles, not on a nice sprung floor, but on a skidpan.’
- ‘The Alphera Dutton Rally is for road-registered performance cars competing in 24 separate driving tests, including timed laps, slaloms and wet skidpans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.