One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slippery road surface prepared for drivers to practise control of skidding.
- ‘It feels fantastic on the road at any speed and generates an impressive 0.9 g's on a skidpad on Michelin ZP high-performance run-flat tires.’
- ‘So imagine Nadia Comaneci doing her pirouettes and tumbles, not on a nice sprung floor, but on a skidpan.’
- ‘It started life as a Fairmont, but nobody is going to say the Fox platform is obsolete after they see it pull over one G on the skidpad.’
- ‘The Alphera Dutton Rally is for road-registered performance cars competing in 24 separate driving tests, including timed laps, slaloms and wet skidpans.’
- ‘Henning said the huge crowds meant that the donut competition on the skidpan had to be cancelled for safety reasons.’
- ‘Millar crashed twice on roads that, with incessant rain, resembled a skidpan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.