One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Skiing across open country, walking uphill on skis as well as skiing downhill.
- ‘Remember, this problem only occurs after many vertical feet of ski touring.’
- ‘Photographs taken by the Pigs on the Hill, a dedicated group of ski bums, show off the region's extreme backcountry trails and ski touring terrain.’
- ‘It would seem that this is the nature of the ski touring mentality: days of dogged endurance are totally eclipsed by the occasional stratospheric high.’
- ‘During the winter her main activities are off-piste skiing and ski touring.’
- ‘But it was soon clear that such a hut was too far from what America's ski touring public was used to.’
- ‘Twenty years ago when I was doing my ski touring, we weren't interested in going on avalanche slopes.’
- ‘The next winter, after I'd moved here full time, I did a ton of ski touring.’
- ‘And for back-and-forth endeavors like ski touring - you're cold, then hot, then cold again - midweights split the difference.’
- ‘Even so, ski touring a short distance with that kind of load is not as bad as it sounds, since you slide your skis rather than lift them.’
- ‘Sunsets are among the many benefits of ski touring across the Greenland Ice Cap in the summer.’
- ‘The youngest ski tourer was only 5 ½, and many families embarked on the challenge together.’
- ‘Many local ski tourers consider Broads Fork to be the crown jewel in the Wasatch Mountains.’
- ‘Some recreational ski tourers are switching to skating from the slower, traditional stride.’
- ‘There are three different models for competitive ski tourers, powder snow fans and ski mountaineers.’
- ‘This camp is designed for fit experienced backcountry ski tourers using either AT or Telemark equipment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.