One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Skiing across open country, walking uphill on skis as well as skiing downhill.
- ‘During the winter her main activities are off-piste skiing and ski touring.’
- ‘The next winter, after I'd moved here full time, I did a ton of ski touring.’
- ‘But it was soon clear that such a hut was too far from what America's ski touring public was used to.’
- ‘Even so, ski touring a short distance with that kind of load is not as bad as it sounds, since you slide your skis rather than lift them.’
- ‘It would seem that this is the nature of the ski touring mentality: days of dogged endurance are totally eclipsed by the occasional stratospheric high.’
- ‘Sunsets are among the many benefits of ski touring across the Greenland Ice Cap in the summer.’
- ‘And for back-and-forth endeavors like ski touring - you're cold, then hot, then cold again - midweights split the difference.’
- ‘Twenty years ago when I was doing my ski touring, we weren't interested in going on avalanche slopes.’
- ‘Remember, this problem only occurs after many vertical feet of ski touring.’
- ‘Photographs taken by the Pigs on the Hill, a dedicated group of ski bums, show off the region's extreme backcountry trails and ski touring terrain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.