One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Skiing across open country, walking uphill on skis as well as skiing downhill.
- ‘During the winter her main activities are off-piste skiing and ski touring.’
- ‘But it was soon clear that such a hut was too far from what America's ski touring public was used to.’
- ‘Photographs taken by the Pigs on the Hill, a dedicated group of ski bums, show off the region's extreme backcountry trails and ski touring terrain.’
- ‘Even so, ski touring a short distance with that kind of load is not as bad as it sounds, since you slide your skis rather than lift them.’
- ‘Remember, this problem only occurs after many vertical feet of ski touring.’
- ‘And for back-and-forth endeavors like ski touring - you're cold, then hot, then cold again - midweights split the difference.’
- ‘Twenty years ago when I was doing my ski touring, we weren't interested in going on avalanche slopes.’
- ‘Sunsets are among the many benefits of ski touring across the Greenland Ice Cap in the summer.’
- ‘It would seem that this is the nature of the ski touring mentality: days of dogged endurance are totally eclipsed by the occasional stratospheric high.’
- ‘The next winter, after I'd moved here full time, I did a ton of ski touring.’
- ‘This camp is designed for fit experienced backcountry ski tourers using either AT or Telemark equipment.’
- ‘There are three different models for competitive ski tourers, powder snow fans and ski mountaineers.’
- ‘The youngest ski tourer was only 5 ½, and many families embarked on the challenge together.’
- ‘Some recreational ski tourers are switching to skating from the slower, traditional stride.’
- ‘Many local ski tourers consider Broads Fork to be the crown jewel in the Wasatch Mountains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.