One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- old-fashioned term for ski pole
- ‘I discovered that forward propulsion is considerably easier and improbably fast when using two umbrellas as ski sticks, although your head gets wet.’
- ‘Pato handed out ski sticks to steady ourselves with, and we began the upward trudge.’
- ‘The bear was eventually scared off when the racers hit their ski sticks together to make a loud noise.’
- ‘Three instructors and the 10 others had to carry the skis, ski sticks, and boots to the higher snow slopes for their daily lessons.’
- ‘Think about it - wander into any newsagents and you'll find more magazines on outdoor activities than you can shake a ski stick at.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.