One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- old-fashioned term for ski pole
- ‘Think about it - wander into any newsagents and you'll find more magazines on outdoor activities than you can shake a ski stick at.’
- ‘The bear was eventually scared off when the racers hit their ski sticks together to make a loud noise.’
- ‘Pato handed out ski sticks to steady ourselves with, and we began the upward trudge.’
- ‘Three instructors and the 10 others had to carry the skis, ski sticks, and boots to the higher snow slopes for their daily lessons.’
- ‘I discovered that forward propulsion is considerably easier and improbably fast when using two umbrellas as ski sticks, although your head gets wet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.