One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or pastime of skiing across mountainous terrain using equipment specially designed for walking uphill as well as skiing downhill.‘exploration and adventure are really what I love about ski mountaineering’as modifier ‘they spend their winters competing in ski mountaineering races’
- ‘The higher elevation campgrounds will still be closed during the spring ski mountaineering season.’
- ‘After a spring of fine ski mountaineering, most backcountry skiers go into summer disguise.’
- ‘Which ice ax to choose for ski mountaineering?’
- ‘Combining the fun of downhill action with the demanding self-sufficiency of back-country travel, ski mountaineering is the ultimate winter sport for wilderness fans.’
- ‘Hearing the ice fall randomly around us is a scary part of ski mountaineering I'd never imagined.’
- ‘Ski crampons are one of the most effective devices ever invented for ski mountaineering.’
- ‘Scotland's downhill resorts may be poor relations to their foreign cousins, but its potential for ski mountaineering is a different game altogether.’
- ‘Arnold Lunn, who had first skied aged ten in 1898, was initially taken by straight mountaineering but soon turned to ski mountaineering.’
- ‘I can remember plenty of times, however, when the conditions during ski mountaineering have felt plenty challenging and required all the mountain sense I apply to my climbs.’
- ‘Chris and I had been climbing together for years, and he was a big influence on my move into ski mountaineering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.