One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A small powerboat used for towing waterskiers.
- ‘H2O Entertainment is producing a 14-minute show for South Bank which involves one ski boat, 2 x jet skis and 6 firework pontoons.’
- ‘Nigel Duncan was riding on a rubber ring being towed by a ski boat on the Hawkesbury River near Sydney when it was propelled too close to the bank and ploughed into a boat.’
- ‘The lake has several marinas where you can rent ski boats, water scooters, patio boats, and the like.’
- ‘We were met at the harbour by one of the lodges ski boats and after a thirty-minute buzz across the channel, we were there.’
2South African A boat with an outboard motor, designed for offshore angling.
- ‘We went down to the end of the dock to look into the fish hold in the ski boat.’
- ‘A flotilla of 30 ski boats will spend the weekend fishing in the city's three proclaimed reserves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.