One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gear consisting of two cogwheels having non-parallel, non-intersecting axes.
- ‘The same shaft drove the distributor via a skew gear which in turn drove the oil pump via a long hexagonal shaft.’
- ‘Another useful feature was the fitting of the radiator in the normal transverse position, the fan being driven by skew gears.’
- ‘The output shaft of the second rotational speed motor is also provided with an actuating skew gear that engages two passive skew gears.’
- ‘Also supplied are the skew gears for the governor.’
- ‘It uses a plastic skew gear and cable to drive the front wheel.’
- ‘The 649 camshaft has a second skew gear on it, where the standard cam has an eccentric for a mechanical fuel pump.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.