One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gear consisting of two cogwheels having non-parallel, non-intersecting axes.
- ‘The 649 camshaft has a second skew gear on it, where the standard cam has an eccentric for a mechanical fuel pump.’
- ‘It uses a plastic skew gear and cable to drive the front wheel.’
- ‘The output shaft of the second rotational speed motor is also provided with an actuating skew gear that engages two passive skew gears.’
- ‘Also supplied are the skew gears for the governor.’
- ‘The same shaft drove the distributor via a skew gear which in turn drove the oil pump via a long hexagonal shaft.’
- ‘Another useful feature was the fitting of the radiator in the normal transverse position, the fan being driven by skew gears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.