One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The advent of textured screens and web pages promises a whole new wave of skeuomorphism: that leather binding will not only look like leather, it will feel like it too.’
- ‘There is nothing intrinsically wrong with skeuomorphs: the whole of classical architecture (wood represented in stone) is based on skeuomorphism, as is most software interaction.’
- ‘I'm not a fan of Apple-style skeuomorphism, but I guess icons have to resemble something other than bits of data interacting with other bits of data.’
- ‘Over time, skeuomorphism has seeped into all areas of UI design.’
- ‘Without skeuomorphism, users may find a steeper learning curve with the new operating system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.