Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An area designated and equipped for skateboarding.
- ‘Currently there are two great skateparks open in the Fresno area.’
- ‘‘When I was a kid in North Carolina, there were no skateparks,’ says Crowfoot.’
- ‘We were informed a skatepark was to be built after a discussion by the council with young people.’
- ‘When I'd go to skateparks, they'd always be blasting music.’
- ‘A hardcore contingent stayed with skateboarding and built backyard half pipes and ramps as more skateparks closed.’
- ‘Essentially, this was to be a skatepark designed and built by people who do not ride skateboards.’
- ‘With this tool, players can create the skateparks of their dreams and actually skate them.’
- ‘I'm pretty sure it's the oldest skatepark in the United States that is still in operation.’
- ‘There are several skateparks and a few street spots.’
- ‘The dedication and hard work of members of a youth council has resulted in a new skatepark being built.’
- ‘‘On Thursday we were informed the skatepark might not be able to go ahead at all,’ she said.’
- ‘I'm hoping to design skateparks after I take some drafting classes.’
- ‘‘In other areas where they've built skateparks they have had a problem of graffiti afterwards because it's a part of that culture,’ he said.’
- ‘Longboards are designed for racing and are not really meant for skateparks.’
- ‘New Zealand is a country peppered with lots of skateparks and friendly people, far away from the cold and dreariness of the San Francisco winter.’
- ‘They have built over 12 skateparks in America, one in Austria, and have projects pending in Hawaii, California and North Carolina.’
- ‘Skateboarders and youngsters have handed over their designs for the long-awaited skatepark for Leigh.’
- ‘A last-ditch bid to provide a skatepark on Rayleigh's King George V playing field is being made by the town council.’
- ‘I just like skateparks better than any street mission because you can go there with all your friends and everyone's guaranteed a great session.’
- ‘I work at a skatepark and know more about your little skateboard industry then you would ever want to know.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.