One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or pastime of riding on a skateboard.‘one of the things I love about skateboarding is the freedom to ride whenever I want’‘her guests shared her passion for board sports like surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding’as modifier ‘a new skateboarding park’
- ‘They are people who make it their goal to keep a skateboarding tradition vital and vibrant in these modern times of wooden ramps and video games.’
- ‘"After 10 years of skateboarding and doing this, my knees don't want to be my friends anymore," he explained.’
- ‘While some of the skating was neat, there was not as much as I would have expected in a movie that was supposedly about skateboarding.’
- ‘Jimmy Wilson, a skateboarding legend, comes to town on a skating tour.’
- ‘The sport of skateboarding would ebb and flow in its mainstream popularity for years to come, but the devoted diehards have never looked back since the Z-Boys first took their boards airborne.’
- ‘I don't know if the actors do a lot of their own skateboarding but if they don't Hardwicke sure makes it look like they do.’
- ‘Since 1994, Vancouver has been host to an annual skateboarding competition known as The Slam City Jam.’
- ‘This trio claims responsibility for re-inventing skateboarding, taking it from a relatively tame "tabletop" sport to one that goes vertical.’
- ‘In the early 1980s, skateboarding existed as a fringe sport, a kind of deviant activity undertaken by disaffected youths in California, breaking into abandoned lots or backyards to skate in empty swimming pools or on crudely constructed ramps.’
- ‘I grew up fascinated with skateboarding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.