One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or pastime of riding on a skateboard.‘one of the things I love about skateboarding is the freedom to ride whenever I want’‘her guests shared her passion for board sports like surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding’as modifier ‘a new skateboarding park’
- ‘I don't know if the actors do a lot of their own skateboarding but if they don't Hardwicke sure makes it look like they do.’
- ‘The sport of skateboarding would ebb and flow in its mainstream popularity for years to come, but the devoted diehards have never looked back since the Z-Boys first took their boards airborne.’
- ‘They are people who make it their goal to keep a skateboarding tradition vital and vibrant in these modern times of wooden ramps and video games.’
- ‘"After 10 years of skateboarding and doing this, my knees don't want to be my friends anymore," he explained.’
- ‘While some of the skating was neat, there was not as much as I would have expected in a movie that was supposedly about skateboarding.’
- ‘I grew up fascinated with skateboarding.’
- ‘Jimmy Wilson, a skateboarding legend, comes to town on a skating tour.’
- ‘In the early 1980s, skateboarding existed as a fringe sport, a kind of deviant activity undertaken by disaffected youths in California, breaking into abandoned lots or backyards to skate in empty swimming pools or on crudely constructed ramps.’
- ‘This trio claims responsibility for re-inventing skateboarding, taking it from a relatively tame "tabletop" sport to one that goes vertical.’
- ‘Since 1994, Vancouver has been host to an annual skateboarding competition known as The Slam City Jam.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.