Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A very small size of women's clothing, especially a US size equivalent to a UK size 4.
- ‘The models you are used to seeing wear anything from a size two to a size zero, Stacy Nado is a size 10.’
- ‘They're not a size zero, and they're not sorry about it.’
- ‘I was a size zero.’
- ‘I'm aware that neither do I have Shilpa Shetty's figure nor do I have to advocate size zero.’
- ‘The current trend for actresses and models to be a tiny "size zero" was " unbelievably disturbing ", Kate Winslet said yesterday.’
- ‘"So what if a model is size zero?"’
- ‘Jennifer, who appeared much slimmer in a recent ad campaign, fumed, "Size zero doesn't make you beautiful."’
- ‘I haven't been a size zero in forever either.’
- ‘"I am a size zero, and I consider myself a real woman."’
- ‘Those with 26 and 28 inch waists will also be classed as the male equivalent of a female size zero and will not be allowed to take part.’
- ‘I don't think politicians should get involved in the debate on size zero in fashion.’
- ‘"I call them the ' size zero girls,'" Wright says, " because they really do wear size zero.’
- ‘"The problem now is that girls want to be a size 2 or worse, size zero," Lerner said.’
- ‘Eva Longoria has laughed off rumours she is pregnant, claiming that even after putting on a few pounds she is " still a size zero ".’
- ‘"It just goes to show that you don't need to be a size zero to get the good work," said Miss Renton.’
- ‘So when Baroness Kingsmill published her interim report on the Model Health Inquiry yesterday, I was not surprised to yet again see zero action on size zero.’
- ‘According to the survey, six out of 10 women think "size zero" is attractive and 97 per cent think size 12 is fat.’
- ‘In the fashion world, "size zero" appears for the first time, as does " man-bag ".’
- ‘"If only I'd been a size zero."’
- ‘"In Hollywood, women have to be size zero," she explains.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.