One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Today is the sixtieth birthday of the minister.’
- ‘Last night, we attended the sixtieth birthday party of one of my Timothy's aunts and it only served to reinforce my antipathy towards parties.’
- ‘The Western Drama Festival celebrates its sixtieth year.’
- ‘He was sworn in on July 16, 1982, as the sixtieth U.S. secretary of state and served until January 20, 1989.’
- ‘On the Saturday night I went to a United Nations Association dinner marking the sixtieth anniversary of the signing of the United Nations Charter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.