One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The two final years at school for students between the ages of 16 and 18 who are preparing for A or AS levels.
- ‘In his Lancashire blazer he looks more like a sixth form student than a county cricketer.’
- ‘In the sixth form, the close group of school-friends began to fragment as their A Level subjects diverged.’
- ‘Teaching overall is now rated unsatisfactory for Years 7 to 11 but good in the sixth form.’
- ‘Now, reports the Times & Citizen, a sixth form student was jailed for six years on Monday.’
- ‘Students in the sixth form hope to raise even more by staging an event like a rock concert at the school.’
- ‘Girls are topping the sixth form league tables in Greater Manchester.’
- ‘As well as teaching history and careers he was also head of the sixth form.’
- ‘My son is making choices about the subjects he will study in the sixth form.’
- ‘He said she left the sixth form at the school at Christmas to pursue a career in the Army.’
- ‘I went to a modest-sized grammar school with a sixth form rather than a huge, impersonal comprehensive.’
- ‘For many students sixth form study and university application is a bit of a conveyor belt.’
- ‘My sixth form tutor gave me days off to help on rescue excavations.’
- ‘The money will go towards the sixth form graduation ball in June.’
- ‘The sixth form was a joint one with the local boys grammar school and suddenly our classes were filled with males!’
- ‘In schools such as Sutton Grammar, where a dress code operates in the sixth form, everyone knows where they stand.’
- ‘I am very relieved for her sake that there is still time for the new sixth form curriculum to be sorted out.’
- ‘Interactive white boards have replaced the old blackboards and a new sixth form area has been created for older students.’
- ‘I used to know a teacher who took a couple of her sixth form students out in the car at lunchtime for a sly cigarette.’
- ‘It is claimed that as students don't wear uniform in the sixth form it is hard to identify intruders.’
- ‘In the sixth form I attended it was patently obvious that the majority of girls were considerably more mature than the boys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.