One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of six people.
sextet, sextupletsView synonyms
- ‘The sixsome asked the chauffeurs to drive them downtown.’
- ‘They were going to see a show in the city and they'd brought along a nice single friend of theirs to make up the sixsome.’
- ‘We became a very contented foursome, except when Charles and Jane were with us and we were a sixsome.’
- ‘There is a tendency now to date in foursomes, or sixsomes.’
- ‘In the blue sitting room, a sixsome of Civil War buffs mapped out battlefield campaigns.’
- ‘Very shortly before he left Oxford, Glyn was asked by James to partner his sister, Barbara, at the Pembroke commemoration ball to make up a sixsome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.