Situations vacant (see situation).See also situation
- ‘Trawling through the sits vac I chanced upon one for someone with lots of horticultural PR experience.’
- ‘Have you checked the sits vac columns of likely publications?’
- ‘I was beside myself laughing, that has got to be the best sits vac I have ever read!’
- ‘If I was still ambitious enough to want to be a vice-chancellor, I'd scour every inch of the sits vac column.’
- ‘I bought papers and perused the sits vac section.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.