Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of a nasal sinus.
- ‘Patients often give a history of recurrent attacks of bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, and pneumonia.’
- ‘He stressed that surgical candidates are typically those with a past history of sinusitis, or nasal trauma.’
- ‘One possible stimulus that may exacerbate asthma is chronic sinusitis.’
- ‘History of any prior pneumonia and sinusitis was recorded from the patient problem list.’
- ‘People who have allergy-based asthma often have chronic sinusitis as well.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.