[mass noun] Inflammation of a nasal sinus.
- ‘Patients often give a history of recurrent attacks of bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, and pneumonia.’
- ‘He stressed that surgical candidates are typically those with a past history of sinusitis, or nasal trauma.’
- ‘One possible stimulus that may exacerbate asthma is chronic sinusitis.’
- ‘History of any prior pneumonia and sinusitis was recorded from the patient problem list.’
- ‘People who have allergy-based asthma often have chronic sinusitis as well.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.