One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At one side, a concrete wall curves sinuously away, like the torso of a sleeping woman.’
- ‘Potted miniature palms and gilded accents adorned the sinuously curving handrails, just beckoning for a slide down.’
- ‘Rather than cut into the hills, roads curved around them, sometimes twisting so sinuously, in so confusing a manner, only a native could find the way out.’
- ‘The body of a whale is relatively stiff, and so the animal cannot curve sinuously into a turn the way a swimming seal can.’
- ‘Some of the girls moved sinuously and gracefully, others, clearly bored, kicked their clothes in the air and caught them nonchalantly as they snapped gum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.