One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At one side, a concrete wall curves sinuously away, like the torso of a sleeping woman.’
- ‘Some of the girls moved sinuously and gracefully, others, clearly bored, kicked their clothes in the air and caught them nonchalantly as they snapped gum.’
- ‘Potted miniature palms and gilded accents adorned the sinuously curving handrails, just beckoning for a slide down.’
- ‘Rather than cut into the hills, roads curved around them, sometimes twisting so sinuously, in so confusing a manner, only a native could find the way out.’
- ‘The body of a whale is relatively stiff, and so the animal cannot curve sinuously into a turn the way a swimming seal can.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.