One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is one of the West's leading sinologists and a member of the Swedish Academy.’
- ‘As Sweden's most prominent sinologist, he has translated as many as 700 pieces of Chinese works into Swedish, most of them ancient classics.’
- ‘Both Chinese and Western sinologists trained primarily in Chinese language and culture can learn from the Western tradition of visual analysis.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the wisdom of sinologists does not have much practical use today.’
- ‘Translation was left to a few eccentric sinologists or missionaries, whose main concern after all was to save a few pagan souls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.