Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who transgresses against divine law by committing an immoral act or acts.‘God forgives repentant sinners’
wrongdoer, evil-doer, transgressor, offender, criminalView synonyms
- ‘I am here as the chief of sinners saved by grace and to tell you that the grace which has saved me can surely save you.’
- ‘Jesus reaffirms his unwavering confidence in the Father, even as he bears the Father's wrath in the place of sinners.’
- ‘There are feelings of concern for lost sinners who are without God and without hope.’
- ‘I am still a sinner, but I can say with assurance that I am a sinner saved by God's grace.’
- ‘Today we are attempting to make the Gospel a means of bringing sinners into God's holy Presence.’
- ‘Dear God, I acknowledge I am a sinner and because I am a sinner I know through your word that I am alienated from you.’
- ‘The third aspect of our baptismal identity as God's new creation involves learning to be a sinner.’
- ‘If you don't turn to your life over to God he can't hear the prayer of a sinner.’
- ‘The suffering and death of Jesus Christ were an essential part of God's plan to save sinners.’
- ‘I may be a sinner, but the sinner whom these prayers were describing was not me.’
- ‘Is showing love, or even friendship, with the sinner a sign of condoning the sin?’
- ‘Everyone is a sinner and God will of course forgive those who truly repent.’
- ‘Repentant sinners may do more for God's glory than some of those who judge them harshly.’
- ‘We must preach to sinners the good news of salvation through the grace of a sovereign God.’
- ‘He helped me to see that I was a sinner who needed the saving grace of Almighty God.’
- ‘God is so big and so pure that mortal sinners dare not to approach Him upon pain of death.’
- ‘A baptism of repentance is appropriate for sinners, but not for Jesus.’
- ‘Paul stresses that the primary purpose why Jesus came into the world was to save sinners.’
- ‘Only Christ crucified and risen can save sinners separated from God.’
- ‘He invites us not because we are righteous but because we are sinners who need His salvation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.