One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supporter of the Irish unionist party Sinn Fein or its policies.‘he claimed to be a Sinn Feiner’
- ‘Da has been chosen to be the election agent for a Dublin Sinn Feiner.’
- ‘Mainstream Sinn Feiners were very disparaging of his decision.’
- ‘He was an open sympathizer with the Sinn Feiners.’
- ‘In 1919, frustration over the lack of Home Rule led the Irish Sinn Feiners to form their own parliament, known as Dail Eireann.’
- ‘He joined Belfast City Council, the first Sinn Feiner to be elected in east Belfast.’
- ‘They mistook him for his namesake, a Sinn Feiner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.