One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What I mean to suggest here is that sinistrality was encoded as a sign of self-portraiture itself.’
- ‘Such selection is inimical to the evolution of traits like sinistrality that, at least in their early stages of development, are accompanied by mildly deleterious side effects.’
- ‘There is no trend from dextrality to sinistrality, but rather large clades characterized by one form or the other, sometimes with large-ish subclades of the complementary type.’
- ‘Further evidence that species-level sinistrality originated in environments where predator-induced selection is weak comes from the biology of living left-handed species.’
- ‘Handedness is known to affect patterns of mating in gastropods, making it likely that the establishment of sinistrality in dextral lineages is associated with sexual selection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.