One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar frequented by single people who are seeking a romantic or sexual partner.
- ‘This suggests that there may be much more going on in social settings like singles bars than meets the eye.’
- ‘Reasons for using this source may be a dislike of singles bars, the desire to meet someone ‘like my late wife,’ and a willingness to try a new method for meeting a ‘special somebody.’’
- ‘I hate to break it to you, and it's really unfortunate, but you may want to try singles bars.’
- ‘Then you are looking to the wrong singles bars for companionship.’
- ‘When you go to singles bars you really do have to scrub up, don that expensive suit, and make an impression before any words come out of your mouth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.