Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An association of countries trading with each other without restrictions or tariffs. The European single market came into effect on 1 January 1993.
- ‘In 1988 the Cecchini report looked at the advantages of cooperation for a European single market.’
- ‘The single market, or internal market as it is also known, builds upon the customs union that was established in the 1960s.’
- ‘In theory, this is one of those times when the European single market proves its worth.’
- ‘Important, though much less visible, have been the social policy effects of the single market's development itself.’
- ‘The reason for this is Bulgaria's internally increasing use of the rules of the European single market.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.