One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Thin cream with a relatively low fat content.
- ‘Gooseberry fool, gooseberry tart (with a sprinkling of sugar and some single cream poured over it) are both heavenly.’
- ‘Then make French toast (dipped in egg, single cream, golden icing sugar and Grand Marnier or similar), and sprinkle with raw blueberries and a dollop of yogurt.’
- ‘Return the mixture to a clean pan and cook over a low heat, stirring until it has thickened to the consistency of single cream (it thickens as it cools).’
- ‘Add coconut milk, single cream and salt to taste.’
- ‘Whizz them with the single cream, sugar and a dash of lemon juice in a blender.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.