One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Thin cream with a relatively low fat content.
- ‘Gooseberry fool, gooseberry tart (with a sprinkling of sugar and some single cream poured over it) are both heavenly.’
- ‘Whizz them with the single cream, sugar and a dash of lemon juice in a blender.’
- ‘Then make French toast (dipped in egg, single cream, golden icing sugar and Grand Marnier or similar), and sprinkle with raw blueberries and a dollop of yogurt.’
- ‘Add coconut milk, single cream and salt to taste.’
- ‘Return the mixture to a clean pan and cook over a low heat, stirring until it has thickened to the consistency of single cream (it thickens as it cools).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.