One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our drug policies focus single-mindedly on the ‘supply side’ of the problem, with relatively little spent on treatment or prevention programs to curb the insatiable demand.’
- ‘It focuses attention on fundamental issues - freedom, the institution's values, the corporation's mission - and strives single-mindedly to preserve and strengthen them.’
- ‘It means they're not distracted, and they can single-mindedly focus on the other team.’
- ‘No profit-oriented company could have turned this trick, nor could a standard non-profit enterprise been so single-mindedly dedicated to the strict self-interest of the customers of the company.’
- ‘But instead of tackling the myriad social challenges that it inherited, the Chen government single-mindedly pursued a course of political and cultural separation from the mainland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.