One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an electronic device) designed for use with unbalanced signals and therefore having one input and one output terminal connected to earth.
- ‘Electromyographic signals collected from the electrodes were passed through a single-ended amplifier to an eight-channel FM transmitter.’
- ‘New designs for single-ended devices should use the UltraSCSI speed for transferring data.’
- ‘These terminators will run in LVD mode if everything on the bus is LVD or they will switch to single ended active terminators if there are single-ended devices on the bus.’
- ‘In order for the configuration to run at Ultra 160 SCSI speeds, there can be no single-ended devices attached to the bus.’
- ‘If the interfaces are correctly designed, plugging a single-ended device into a differential bus will not damage anything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.