One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bus having only one floor or level.as modifier ‘single-decker buses’
- ‘This also poses a problem with safety, as children have been found to be sitting on the back window shelf on a single-decker bus, sitting on each others knees, and also standing up in the aisles.’
- ‘A woman was killed when her car collided with a single-decker bus on the A19 between York and Selby yesterday.’
- ‘The single-decker bus smashed through a wall and ended up in the front garden of a house after the crash.’
- ‘The accident left a scene of devastation as the single-decker bus, lorry and two cars were strewn across the road amid debris and broken glass.’
- ‘A First York bus driver who managed to stop his single-decker only yards from the two cars, but witnessed the smash at close quarters, was said to be in a state of shock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.