One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An initial rehearsal of an opera or musical at which performers sing their parts from printed musical scores.
practice, practice session, try-out, trial performance, read-through, walk-through, run-through, going-over, drillView synonyms
- ‘It's a sing-through tomorrow morning, then full rehearsal all afternoon and evening.’
- ‘We had a sing-through of sorts with the band last night.’
- ‘The cast and crew invited friends and family to what was supposed to be a sing-through with the cast seated at tables onstage.’
- ‘After lunch at Mum's, we went to a sing-through of "The Hive", an opera by Nick Vines.’
- ‘The decision came down pretty quick from Michael and Jim that we were going to do a sing-through of the show because we didn't want to leave the theater silent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.