An initial rehearsal of an opera or musical at which performers sing their parts from printed musical scores.
practice, practice session, try-out, trial performance, read-through, sing-through, walk-through, run-through, going-over, drillView synonyms
- ‘The cast and crew invited friends and family to what was supposed to be a sing-through with the cast seated at tables onstage.’
- ‘The decision came down pretty quick from Michael and Jim that we were going to do a sing-through of the show because we didn't want to leave the theater silent.’
- ‘It's a sing-through tomorrow morning, then full rehearsal all afternoon and evening.’
- ‘We had a sing-through of sorts with the band last night.’
- ‘After lunch at Mum's, we went to a sing-through of "The Hive", an opera by Nick Vines.’