Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A DJ who raps and sings as part of their performance.
- ‘Then, it'll move to your ears when you hear the guy's mad skills, skills that go beyond novelty - tight lyrical flow, sweet reggae sing-jay vibes and crazy versatile beatboxing talent.’
- ‘His robust, commanding vocals coupled with solid lyrics, make this sing-jay stand out in an industry that produces artistes a dime a dozen.’
- ‘In the increasingly crowded cultural sing-jay market, he is making a name for himself.’
- ‘This very current cat boasts a fine modern sing-jay style that comes close to Sizzla's - the pair toured together for two years recently.’
- ‘So I had to stick to a more hardcore sing-jay style.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.