One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The present invention is directed to a meat product which includes both sinewed and sinewless meat and in which the fibrous character of the meat is retained.’
- ‘Acquaintances will surely pry about the willowy new outlines of your once sinewless figure, pumping you for diet tips amidst sly inquiries about wasting diseases.’
- ‘The sinewed and sinewless meat may then be blended together.’
- ‘If you forget that you are ambassadors, your work will be feeble, listless and inefficient, because nerveless and sinewless.’
- ‘While India quivered with the Japanese threat to its sinewless, amorphous soul, calm words came from China's headquarters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.