Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
At the same time.‘the telethon was broadcast simultaneously on 31 US networks’‘it works simultaneously as character study, teen drama and sci-fi thriller’
at the same time, at one and the same time, at the same instant, at the same moment, at once, concurrently, concomitantlyView synonyms
- ‘The concerts will take place simultaneously at five venues around the world.’
- ‘He was the first guy to beat match two records together and play them simultaneously.’
- ‘She was fully aware of what she was trying to say, and yet she was simultaneously unaware.’
- ‘The Beatles were the first and last pop group who were simultaneously the best in their field and popular too.’
- ‘In this post I shall provide an example that illustrates all these points simultaneously.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.