One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Equations involving two or more unknowns that are to have the same values in each equation.
- ‘We solve numerically a system of two simultaneous equations, with two unknowns, as follows.’
- ‘The simultaneous equations suggested in Equation 2 and developed at each road section were used to study the variation in PCU with influencing parameters.’
- ‘An illustration of the mathematical complexity of the problem is that the final stage involved the solution of over six million simultaneous equations.’
- ‘In dealing with simultaneous equations, Zhu certainly presented improvements, giving a method essentially equivalent to Gauss's pivotal condensation.’
- ‘Because the issue is not how the simultaneous equations, partial derivatives or matrices are manipulated, but what the symbols in the various equations purport to represent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.