Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Simply; unconditionally.‘restraint is imposed in order to prevent competition simpliciter’
- ‘In Texas, these are ‘buzz words’ for the tort of negligence simpliciter, as they are here in Ontario.’
- ‘Section 47 creates, inter alia, an offence of offensive behaviour in a dwelling house, simpliciter.’
- ‘This is a different issue from jurisdiction simpliciter, although many of the factors overlap.’
- ‘The failure of a plaintiff to offer an undertaking as to damages is sometimes treated as a bar to the grant of interlocutory relief simpliciter.’
- ‘The Plaintiff says that this was an overpayment simpliciter, caused by its own mistake.’
Latin, literally simply.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.