One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oscillatory motion under a retarding force proportional to the amount of displacement from an equilibrium position.
- ‘The cannonball would exhibit simple harmonic motion.’
- ‘In this issue we discover the principle of simple harmonic motion.’
- ‘The cycloid has the property that a particle P sliding on a cycloid will exhibit simple harmonic motion and the period will be independent of the starting point.’
- ‘Do you honestly think physicists study waves and simple harmonic motion and two body problems because we care about the universe?’
- ‘The equation for simple harmonic motion contains a complete description of the motion, and other parameters of the motion can be calculated from it…’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.