One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) honest, open, and straightforward.‘a simple-hearted, unassuming, courteous old gentleman’
- ‘This so pleased me that I did not try to resist, but allowed this simplehearted stranger to throw his arms about me and weep a few tranquilizing tears down the back of my neck.’
- ‘He struck me as very simple-hearted and rather wholesome.’
- ‘Isolated from this conflict are the hobbits, a carefree, simple-hearted colony of little people.’
- ‘Your brother is pure and simple-hearted.’
- ‘It is doubtful which gave the simple hearted little man most joy at the moment, the gaining of the treasure, or the recovery of the donkey.’
- ‘In most cases, people, even the most vicious, are much more naive and simple-hearted than we assume.’
- ‘A more loving, simple-hearted people I never saw.’
- ‘That's one of the bad things about being simple-hearted: sometimes you don't even recognize the duplicity and treachery going on around you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.