One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal of a red and white breed of cattle farmed for both meat and milk.
- ‘Other Cattle Breeds on show include Herefords, Simmentals, Charolais, Aberdeen Angus, Blonde D' Aquitaine, and Limousin.’
- ‘Alan has only been breeding Simmentals for two years and this was his first year exhibiting at local shows where he won many red rosettes.’
- ‘In the beef section there are classes for Simmentals, shorthorns, Limousin, Charolais, Hereford, Belgian Blue and Parthenaise Cattle.’
- ‘There are numerous classes for several breeds of cattle, including Commercial, Pedigree Limousin, Shorthorn, Charolais and Simmental.’
- ‘Angus, Shorthorn, Simmental, Charolais and Limousin farmers were not afraid to pay big money for top class bulls.’
1950s: named after a valley in central Switzerland.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.