One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dishes, containers, or cutlery made of or coated with silver, or made of a material resembling silver.
plate, silver plateView synonyms
- ‘The last time he went away, he came home to find two of his serving maids pregnant and his entire supply of vintage brandy and best silverware gone.’
- ‘This cornucopia of all things interesting and Irish continues with a large offering of Irish silverware.’
- ‘In 1878 he won two more first prizes for silverware at the Paris exhibition.’
- ‘With my rag, I scooped some rubbing compound and began polishing silverware for the banquet.’
- ‘Inside the building is the usual musty pioneer furniture, silverware and old photographs of men in hats and women in white dresses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.