One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dishes, containers, or cutlery made of or coated with silver, or made of a material resembling silver.
plate, silver plateView synonyms
- ‘In 1878 he won two more first prizes for silverware at the Paris exhibition.’
- ‘With my rag, I scooped some rubbing compound and began polishing silverware for the banquet.’
- ‘The last time he went away, he came home to find two of his serving maids pregnant and his entire supply of vintage brandy and best silverware gone.’
- ‘Inside the building is the usual musty pioneer furniture, silverware and old photographs of men in hats and women in white dresses.’
- ‘This cornucopia of all things interesting and Irish continues with a large offering of Irish silverware.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.