One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The twenty-fifth anniversary of a couple's wedding.‘they will be celebrating their silver wedding at a top London restaurant’
- ‘A couple who met when their wheelchairs were loaded into an ambulance taking them to a Ryedale special school have celebrated their silver wedding.’
- ‘The play is set in three time zones - the wedding night, the silver wedding anniversary, and then a further 23 years (the present day) later.’
- ‘They celebrated their silver wedding anniversary in March and have two children, Rebecca, 17, and Rachel, 19.’
- ‘The couple have three children and two grandchildren and have been on one cruise before, around the Caribbean aboard the Cunard Countess, to celebrate their silver wedding anniversary.’
- ‘And they only got away with one of the gold earrings from my husband for our silver wedding anniversary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.