One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tendency to be eloquent and persuasive in speaking.‘it is likely that his silver tongue had got around her’
- ‘My only saving grace is my silver tongue - I am pretty good with words, but not much else.’
- ‘So, what if you weren't born with a silver tongue?’
- ‘Whether shareholders will see any value will depend on the silver tongues of its management and their advisers.’
- ‘Timothy was the obvious asset: with his sterling reputation and silver tongue, no mental powers might be necessary.’
- ‘Laura represents everything that he wants; she is an innocent, as yet uncorrupted, a genuine person in a world of silver tongues and those who would use him for their own gain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.