Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The twenty-fifth anniversary of a significant event.
- ‘The joys of local soccer and many long lasting friendships developed in relation to it will be at the heart of the silver jubilee event.’
- ‘There has been a good response from the team members, who made history twenty-five years ago, regarding their attendance at the dinner dance that will officially mark the silver jubilee of this unique success.’
- ‘It is envisaged that a top level panel of judges will monitor and judge the competition, and the results will be announced next Spring to coincide with the club's silver jubilee special events programme.’
- ‘Hence the silver jubilee of the Navarasam Matriculation Higher Secondary School at Palliyuthu, a remote village located 25 kilometres from Erode, was truly an occasion to celebrate.’
- ‘On Thursday, the department was celebrating its silver jubilee, and the incident served as a reminder of the fact that scores of the aged citizenry were left to fend for themselves.’
- ‘Beginning his drama career way back in 1979, the Crazy Creations is heading towards celebrating its silver jubilee, having performed over 4,000 shows in India and abroad.’
- ‘The Sword of Honour, celebrating its silver jubilee this year, recognises organisations that have implemented safety systems that are among the best in the world.’
- ‘Completing its silver jubilee in February, the Art of Living, founded by Sri Sri Ravishankar, is all set to celebrate.’
- ‘This year's event was particularly significant as it falls in the silver jubilee year of the Orkney Norway Friendship Association.’
- ‘In 1974, when Fr. O'Connell celebrated his silver jubilee of ordination, the parish, under his unflagging leadership was moving ahead and expanding at a cracking pace.’
- ‘The Charminar and Golconda Heritage tour showcases the precious gifts received by the Nizam on his silver jubilee or the Salarjung Museum, with those fabulous display of priceless treasure.’
- ‘Unknown to them, a surprise party had been arranged to mark their silver jubilee wedding anniversary and family, friends, relations and neighbours had gathered to honour the occasion.’
- ‘On Christmas Day Mass will be celebrated at 11.30 am, and the Newport Folk Choir who recently celebrated their silver jubilee, will sing.’
- ‘This year it is celebrating its silver jubilee.’
- ‘A presentation was made to Tom to mark his silver jubilee in car sales.’
- ‘The Opportunity Centre has just celebrated its silver jubilee and the fundraising campaign was launched at the 25th anniversary celebrations last October.’
- ‘Last year Ardagh Community Games celebrated the silver jubilee of its foundation.’
- ‘The womenfolk of Asdee will have the glad rags out on Friday, December 6, when the local ICA celebrate their silver jubilee.’
- ‘The event, which was celebrating its silver jubilee, featured 50 high-calibre encounters at Fulford Tennis Centre.’
- ‘It is my silver jubilee on the council this year and the 30th anniversary of the borough.’
- ‘York Family Tennis Tournament celebrates its silver jubilee next month, with the event being set to take place in Rowntree Park on Saturday and Sunday, May 3 and 4.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.