One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brass band playing silver-plated instruments.
- ‘The silver band did their traditional oomp-pah-pahing round the village early on Christmas morning.’
- ‘Swindon Male Voice Choir along with the Wroughton silver band played carols.’
- ‘Bratton's famed silver band is hoping to follow up success in the regional brass band championships at the finals in September.’
- ‘Other attractions included a horseshoe tossing competition, skittles, the Southern Shockwaves cheerleading team, donkey rides, line dancers and a silver band.’
- ‘Facilities are basic at the venue built for the local silver band in the 1920s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.