One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brass band playing silver-plated instruments.
- ‘Bratton's famed silver band is hoping to follow up success in the regional brass band championships at the finals in September.’
- ‘The silver band did their traditional oomp-pah-pahing round the village early on Christmas morning.’
- ‘Swindon Male Voice Choir along with the Wroughton silver band played carols.’
- ‘Facilities are basic at the venue built for the local silver band in the 1920s.’
- ‘Other attractions included a horseshoe tossing competition, skittles, the Southern Shockwaves cheerleading team, donkey rides, line dancers and a silver band.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.