One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large moth with a caterpillar that spins a protective silken cocoon.
- ‘For example, many North American species of giant silk moths do not interbreed because they mate at different times of day.’
- ‘While the silk of Saturniidae moths is considered inferior to that of Asian silk moths, it is tough and durable.’
- ‘The project is aimed at providing work and income for the Leonardville community as well as solving the problem of the wild silk moth, whose cocoons have caused deaths in livestock eating them.’
- ‘The principle species used in commercial production is the mulberry silkworm, which is the larva of the silk moth, Bombyx mori.’
- ‘In the Northeast, a single species of parasitic fly has caused declines in the populations of two native silk moth species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.