One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting clastic rocks consisting largely of silica or silicates.
- ‘The massif comprises low-grade, mainly fine-grained, siliciclastic deposits, ranging from the lowermost Cambrian to the upper Silurian in age.’
- ‘Previous studies of coal sequence stratigraphy have concentrated on coals associated with siliciclastic depositional systems.’
- ‘Our data show, in contrast, that these siliciclastic strata were deposited in two chronologically distinct basins.’
- ‘The lower parts of the two successions consist of very thick, compositionally immature, dominantly shallow marine siliciclastic sediments.’
- ‘Successions in the more intact Permian units are depositionally underlain by siliciclastic sedimentary rocks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.