One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A weakly acidic colloidal hydrated form of silica made by acidifying solutions of alkali metal silicates.
- ‘If dandruff is a concern, look for ingredients such as silicic acid (raw aspirin) or willow bark extract and selenium, which help control itching and flaking.’
- ‘Grasses readily absorb silica in the form of silicic acid from the soil, and most silica is accumulated in the aerial parts as amorphous hydrated silica.’
- ‘The supply of iron, relative to that of the macronutrients nitrate, phosphate, and silicic acid, plays a critical role in allowing extensive diatom blooms to develop in coastal upwelling regimes.’
- ‘‘Silicon, when reduced to the nanoscale (less than one thousand millionth of a metre) becomes biodegradable and dissolves into the body as silicic acid,’ he explained.’
- ‘The mineral waters vary considerably in temperature, mineralisation, radon, silicic acid and fluorine content, and are suitable for treatment of a wide range of diseases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.