One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rocks) rich in silica.‘less silicic melts (such as dacite) have higher iron contents’
- ‘The silicic rocks are interpreted as crustal melts resulting from intrusion of mafic magmas.’
- ‘In the Antarctic Peninsula, an early Jurassic gap in intrusive activity was followed by widespread mid-Jurassic silicic plutonism in eastern Graham Land.’
- ‘There, Early to Middle Jurassic marine black shales and carbonate rocks of Pampa de Agnia and Tepuel are interbedded with andesite lava flows and pyroclastic rocks, and silicic volcanic rocks coeval with Gondwana breakup.’
- ‘The greenstone-hosted deposits formed in shallow water in association with basic and more silicic rocks; they have an underlying hydrothermally altered zone and contain abundant copper, zinc, and lead sulphides.’
- ‘A consideration of Rheic margin tectonics reveals several possible source terranes for silicic explosive volcanism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.